Definition of Potashing
1. potash [v] - See also: potash
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Potashing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Potashing
potash of sulfur
potash of sulphur
potashing (current term)
Literary usage of Potashing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Polishing and Plating of Metals: A Manual for the Electroplater, Giving by Herbert James Hawkins (1902)
"... or even the trouble of preparing the above formula, is to wire them or place in a basket and cleanse in the usual manner by potashing, then immerse for ..."
2. Decisions of the United States Railroad Labor Board with Addenda and by United States Railroad Labor Board (1921)
"... heating, shaping, and bending of metal; tool dressing and tempering, spring making, tempering and repairing, potashing, case and bichloride hardening; ..."
3. Return of the Railroads to Private Ownership: Hearings Before the Committee by United States, Congress, House (1919)
"... am! repairing; potashing, case and bichloride hardening; flue welding under hlm-k- smith foreman ; operating furnaces, bulldozers, forging machines, ..."
4. Public Acts, Proclamations by the President Relating to the United States by United States Railroad Administration, President (1913-1921 : Wilson, United States (1919)
"Employees skilled in welding, forging, shaping, and bending of metal; tool dressing and tempering; spring making, tempering, and repairing; potashing, ..."
5. A Manual of Engineering Drawing for Students and Draftsmen by Thomas Ewing French (1918)
"... 282 Blue printing, 280 to 283 Blue prints, changes on, 282 from typewriting, 282 potashing, 281 to mount, 305 Bolts, 140 dimensioning, 151, 152 8. ..."
6. A Manual of Engineering Drawing for Students and Draftsmen by Thomas Ewing French (1918)
"... 280 to 283 Blue prints, changes on, 282 from typewriting, 282 potashing, 281 to mount, 305 Bolts, 140 dimensioning, 151, 152 SAE Std., 149 to draw, 146, ..."