Definition of Potato mosaic
1. Noun. A disease of the leaves of potato plants.
Potato Mosaic Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Potato Mosaic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Potato Mosaic
Literary usage of Potato mosaic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Rose Annual by American Rose Society (1922)
"Fortunately, from the standpoint of rose-growers, potato mosaic assumes its greatest economic importance in localities which, for the most part, ..."
2. The American Rose Annual by American Rose Society (1922)
"Dispersing over the potato field, these insects carry the disease known as "potato mosaic" from sick plants to healthy ones. ..."
3. Bulletin by Maine Agricultural Experiment Station (1920)
"ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE OF potato mosaic. It may not be inappropriate at this point to state briefly the case of potato mosaic with reference to the seed potato ..."
4. Botanical Abstracts by Board of Control of Botanical Abstracts (1920)
"Control of insect carriers seems to be the important means of checking spread of potato mosaic.—D. Reddick. 1287. ..."
5. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1919)
"... American Plant Pathologist«, will be held on Long Island from June 24 to 27, 1919 for the special purpose of studying potato mosaic and leaf roll. ..."
6. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1915)
"HW Collingwood. 11 Country Life 29:58-9 + D '15 Diseases and pests Bailey. Science ns 42:424-5 S 24 '15 Transmission of potato mosaic through the tuber. ..."