Definition of Pownds
1. pownd [v] - See also: pownd
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pownds Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pownds
pownds (current term)
Literary usage of Pownds
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1855)
"will furnish fifty pownds. Sir J0. Hippisley will completely furnish three horses. Sir Jo. ... Young will furnish with a free loans of two hundred pownds. ..."
2. Archives of Maryland by Maryland Historical Society (1887)
"... sixty pownds Tob: & cask by Bill, ... pownds of Tob: dew from his Lp to the ... fifty pownds of Tob & cask dew by Bill. ..."
3. The Public Records of the Colony of Connecticut [1636-1776] by Connecticut, Connecticut General Assembly, Connecticut Council, Council of Safety (Conn.)., James Hammond Trumbull, Charles Jeremy Hoadly (1868)
"... estates besides the clarkes fees, for euery estate of fifty pownds and under, two shillings and six pence, and for those aboue fifty pownd not exceding ..."
4. Collections of the Connecticut Historical Society by Connecticut Historical Society (1897)
"at y* same Towne meetings the Towne by there vote Graunted a rate of ninty pownds (to be pd) eighty pownds to be pa}'d to mr whitting for this years labour, ..."
5. Choice Notes from "Notes and Queries": History by B. B. Wiffen (1858)
"Master will bringe in an hundred pownds presently, and an hundred ... Mr. Mathew will tinde one horse and furnish fifty pownds in plate or money. ..."
6. Choice Notes from "Notes and Queries": History by B. B. Wiffen (1858)
"Mr. Mathew will finde one horse and furnish fifty pownds in plate or money. Mr. Downes will bringe in fifty pownds. Mr. Millington will, for the present, ..."
7. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records by Charles William Manwaring (1902)
"... of the sayd house & Land into possession of sayd Elizabeth Roberts, wth damage & Cost to the value of Twenty pownds. In this action the Jury find for ..."