Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pragmaticism Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pragmaticism
Literary usage of Pragmaticism
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Work of the Open Court Publishing Co.: An Illustrated Catalogue of Its by Open Court Publishing Company Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company (1909)
"Issues of pragmaticism. Monist. XV, 481. Prolegomena to an Apology for pragmaticism. Monist. XVI, 492. Discussion with the Editor on Necessity: The Doctrine ..."
2. The Pragmatic Theory of Truth as Developed by Peirce, James, and Dewey by Denton Loring Geyer (1914)
"The reason I gave for this was so flimsy, while the inference was so nearly the gist of pragmaticism, that I must confess the argument of that essay might ..."
3. The Cambridge History of American Literature by William Peterfield Trent (1921)
"... III, 526-70; four papers in The Monist, Vols. xv-xvi (1905- 06) distinguishing his own pragmatism (pragmaticism) from that ..."
4. The Journal of Speculative Philosophy: Ed. by Wm. T. Harris edited by William Torrey Harris (1879)
"... on the other hand he shows his pragmaticism by reasoning on the events, or ornamenting his material with empty rhetorical flourishes,—as, for instance, ..."
5. Modern French Legal Philosophy by Alfred Fouillée, Alfred Jules Emile Fouillee (1916)
"That part of the pragmatic conception which is peculiar to Pierce styles itself "pragmaticism." Schiller, on the other hand, calls the system "Humanism," in ..."