Definition of Praia
1. Noun. The capital of Cape Verde on Sao Tiago Island.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Cape Verde, Republic Of Cape Verde
Definition of Praia
1. Proper noun. The capital of Cape Verde. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Praia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Praia
Literary usage of Praia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Brazil and the Brazilians by Daniel Parish Kidder, James Cooley Fletcher (1866)
"MY residence at Rio de Janeiro was on the praia do Fla- mengo,—a beach so named ... of the huge ocean-waves, and he will have an idea of praia do Flamengo. ..."
2. Cruising the Mediterranean: A Guide to the Ports of Call by Larry H. Ludmer (2007)
"As a resort it isn't as good as praia da Rocha. ... praia da Rocha is best known for its fine beaches and many visitors will be content to spend the day ..."
3. Algarve by Mette Heinicke (2001)
"A flight of steps leads to the praia da Marinha. with rock arches and grottos. After that, there is a succession of tiny beaches of which the praia do ..."
4. Algarve by Mette Heinicke (2001)
"Sao Rafael, the praia do Castelo and the praia de Gale, the last-named of ... A flight of steps leads to the praia da Marinha. with rock arches and grottos. ..."
5. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain) (1900)
"praia de Bragança (5). A Joao de Bragança was Moco do monte (chief ... praia dot nere». Snow beach, of later maps, supposed to have been given to the ..."
6. Volcanic Ash and Aviation Safety: Proceedings of the First International edited by T. J. Casadevall (1995)
"... J. praia and Ian J. Barton ABSTRACT Volcanic ash clouds with a high concentration of silicate particles exhibit optical properties in the infrared (8-Î3 ..."
7. Thayer Expedition by Charles Frederick Hartt (1870)
"I copy from my note-book the following section made from the barracks north of praia Grande on the eastern side of the harbor and extending southward to the ..."
8. Thayer Expedition by Charles Frederick Hartt (1870)
"... side of the harbor and extending southward to the city: — SECTION AT praia GRANDE. At the barracks, the gneiss, a, is dark gray with a fine lamination. ..."