2. Proper noun. A surname known in England, Ireland, and Scotland. ¹
3. Noun. (alternative spelling of prat) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pratt
1. to beat on the buttocks [v -ED, -ING, -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pratt Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pratt
Literary usage of Pratt
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1896)
"ON Thursday evening, September 17, 1896, Enoch pratt, the founder of the great ... Enoch pratt, son of Isaac and Naomi (Keith) pratt, was born at North ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1889)
"ami that be do yield and deliver up the said office to Arthur pratt, and the books, papers end records belonging to said office. Affirmed. Messrs. ..."
3. Collections by Minisink Valley Historical Society, Connecticut Historical Society (1858)
"PHINEHAS pratt was one of a company of about sixty, who were sent to Massachusetts to ... l pratt, with nine others, sailed from England in the Sparrow, ..."