Lexicographical Neighbors of Precentorial
Literary usage of Precentorial
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Proceedings by Church congress (1884)
"My predecessor in the precentorial office was one day attending a service in a district which had been very sorely visited. The Gregorian music was used, ..."
2. The English Review (1846)
"... and so the last century of precentorial ignorance and incompetency was in this practical age the argument for their virtual extinction. ..."
3. Memoirs of a New England Village Choir: With Occasional Reflections by Samuel Gilman (1829)
"There are many of the thorough-bred sons- of New England, whose perseverance it takes much greater discouragements to daunt than befel the precentorial ..."
4. The Letters of Horace Walpole, Fourth Earl of Orford by Horace Walpole, Peter Cunningham (1891)
"... this short and dull scrawl for full payment of all the long and most entertaining letters we have received from yon during our precentorial Residence, ..."
5. Glinka by Montagu Montagu-Nathan (1917)
"In the introductory peasants' chorus there is a specimen of the traditional method of performing Russian folk-song, in which a precentorial function is ..."