Definition of Prince consort
1. Noun. A prince who is the husband of a reigning female sovereign.
Specialized synonyms: Albert, Albert Francis Charles Augustus Emmanuel, Prince Albert
Prince Consort Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Prince Consort Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Prince Consort
Literary usage of Prince consort
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1901)
"But Palmerston and Russell willingly accepted the prince consort's correction. They substituted his moderation for their virulence, with the result that the ..."
2. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero, Ernest Alfred Benians (1909)
"In England, the prince consort suggested a modification of the dispatch to ... When the prince consort rendered this great service to the Anglo- Saxon race, ..."
3. The Contemporary Review (1878)
"We have spoken of the special interest attaching to those parts of the volume which give an account of tie visits interchanged by the prince consort and the ..."
4. Catalogueby Colorado State Library by Colorado State Library (1884)
"Pub. v. 31. Norwegian North Atlantic Expedition, Chemistry, l) 4°. 1880 G 220 Albert, Prince. Consort. The Collected Compositions of ; ed. by WG ..."
5. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1880)
"To a mind like that of the prince consort, it must have afforded no ordinary ... The prince consort is more lenient, and pronounces him to be " very simple, ..."
6. Commentaries on the Laws of England by William Blackstone, William Carey Jones (1915)
"(4) The prince consort.—The husband of a queen regnant, as Prince George of Denmark was to Queen Anne, is her subject; and may be guilty of high treason ..."