Definition of Printing process
1. Noun. Reproduction by applying ink to paper as for publication.
Examples of category: Printing, Hair Space, Quad, Space, Impression, Printing, Proof, Test Copy, Trial Impression, Ascender, Descender, Serif, Seriph, Word Processing, White Out, Underlay, Kern, Kern, Live, Justified, Leaded, Unleaded, Superior, Superscript, Inferior, Subscript, Adscript
Generic synonyms: Writing
Specialized synonyms: Composition, Typography, Letterpress, Relief Printing, Gravure, Intaglio, Intaglio Printing, Process Printing, Planographic Printing, Planography, Offset, Offset Printing, Carbon Process
Derivative terms: Print, Print
Lexicographical Neighbors of Printing Process
Literary usage of Printing process
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1858)
"IMPROVED printing process. M. Chevalier, of Paris, is the author of an invention which has for its object to obtain printing surfaces as a substitute for ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Queen's Bench: And by Great Britain Court of King's Bench, William Mawdesley Best, George James Philip Smith, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber (1867)
"It then goes on to explain what is intended by the words " incidental printing process." The only other part of the clause which it is nt.i-.ssary to refer ..."
3. The American Amateur Photographer (1906)
"SITTING THE printing process TO THE NEGATIVE. The amateur photographer who uses POP, or bromide paper, or platinotype exclusively is limiting himself in a ..."
4. Annual Record of Science and Industry for 1871-78 by Spencer Fullerton Baird (1876)
"... AND printing process. By the following process, devised by Hansen, it is said that about 100, or even 200, copies of a manuscript may be taken in ten ..."