Definition of Pro forma
1. Adjective. As a formality only. "A one-candidate pro forma election"
2. Adverb. In a set manner without serious attention. "He kissed her cheek perfunctorily"
Definition of Pro forma
1. Adjective. For the sake of form only. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Pro Forma Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pro Forma Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pro Forma
Literary usage of Pro forma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1912)
"Where a pro forma judgment, entered on a referee's report with the assent of the parties, was not reviewable, on remand each party should pay half the costs ..."
2. A Journal of the Proceedings in Georgia, Beginning October 20, 1737: By by William Stephens (1906)
"The Magistrates met at the Court-House, ««0. pro forma, according to their last Adjournment; but not M»£ch finding any Matters designed to come before the ..."
3. Accounting Practice and Procedure by Arthur Lowes Dickinson (1913)
"._/ Modern Bookkeeping Methods—pro forma System The following pro forma system illustrates modern bookkeeping methods now in common use, without giving ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Adjudged in the Supreme Court of the United States by United States Supreme Court, William Cranch, Henry Wheaton, Richard Peters, Benjamin Chew Howard, Jeremiah Sullivan Black (1827)
"A judgment was entered upon the special verdict ID the Court below, for the defendant, pro forma, by consent of parties, for the purpose of bringing the ..."
5. The Parliamentary Debates by Great Britain Parliament (1906)
"The Earl Cairns sat first in Parliament after the death of his brother. Several Lords took the oath. SELECT VESTRIES. Bill, pro forma, read 1*. ..."
6. Municipal Accounting by De Witt Carl Eggleston (1914)
"The items in the pro forma accounts have been posted for the most ... The pro forma accounts which appear later in the chapter are arranged and numbered in ..."
7. Municipal Accounting by De Witt Carl Eggleston (1914)
"CHAPTER XX GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTS CHART AND pro forma ACCOUNTS In order to illustrate the method of handling the accounts on the general ledger, ..."