2. Adjective. pro-nuclear ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pronuclear
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pronuclear Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pronuclear
Literary usage of Pronuclear
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transgenic Animals: Bibliography January 1991-February 1994 by Raymond Dobert (1996)
"Zygotes received either pronuclear microinjection of buffer alone, ... pronuclear microinjection of DNA resulted in a lower (P < .05) cleavage index ..."
2. Journal of Morphology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1897)
"FIG. 13. Later stage; chromatin in form of loops, pn FIG.. Transverse section of one polar ring, egg in pronuclear ..."
3. The Rat: Reference Tables and Data for the Albino Rat (Mus Norvegicus by Henry Herbert Donaldson (1915)
"In order to obtain the volume changes of the ova during transit through the oviduct, beginning with the pronuclear and extending to the 8-cell to 11-cell ..."
4. Novel Systems for the Study of Human Disease: From Basic Research to by OECD Staff, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, SourceOECD (Online service) (1998)
"The production rate of the injection chimeras from the cryopreserved morula stage embryos or that of transgenic mice from unfertilized pronuclear oocytes ..."
5. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1902)
"Spermatozoa penetrate the egg most readily within the region occupied by the germinal vesicle in the ovarian egg, and the pronuclear phenomena also occur ..."