Definition of Proofings
1. proofing [n] - See also: proofing
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Proofings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Proofings
Literary usage of Proofings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the ... Annual Convention by Mid-West Cement Users' Association (1917)
"It is probably quite true there are many water- proofings having the opposite effect, that would accelerate the corrosion and the blocks in which they were ..."
2. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1908)
"While plans may be made to provide insulating methods and water- proofings, before construction, it is not easy to prevent corrosive action, ..."
3. The Indian Forester (1894)
"This fact appears to have been practically lost sight of, while might prove the key to an utilisation of the substance, since such water proofings would, ..."
4. History of Colorado by Wilbur Fiske Stone (1918)
"... roof coatings, water proofings and damp proofing and bonding cements, fibre cements, insulating compounds, rubber compounds and substitutes, etc. ..."