Definition of Propeller plane
1. Noun. An airplane that is driven by a propeller.
Terms within: Airplane Propeller, Airscrew, Prop
Specialized synonyms: Double-prop, Double-propeller Plane, Twin-prop, Twin-propeller-plane, Propjet, Turbo-propeller Plane, Turboprop, Single Prop, Single-propeller Plane
Propeller Plane Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Propeller Plane Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Propeller Plane
Literary usage of Propeller plane
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Airplanes and Safety by Travelers Insurance Companies, Travelers indemnity company Hartford (1921)
"The difference between the geometrical pitch and the effective pitch is called the slip of the propeller. Plane: See AEROFOIL. (The word "plane" is often ..."
2. The Network Revolution: Confessions of a Computer Scientist by Jacques Vallee (1982)
"LEGEND: 1. Mail coach 2. Train 3. Car 4. propeller plane 5 Jet plane 6 Chemical rocket 7 Nuclear rocket 1800 Figure 6. Speed of vehicles. ..."
3. The Conquest of the Air: Aeronautics, Aviation; History, Theory, Practice by Alphonse Berget (1911)
"L«ft Kand propeller plane propellers. | ' | plane propellers. Motor. FlO. 78. The'principle of the Cornu helicopter The ..."
4. A Manual of the Steam-engine: For Engineers and Technical Schools; Advanced by Robert Henry Thurston (1891)
"... V= speed of propeller plane, feet per second ; v — speed of vessel in feet per second ; t', = speed of plane through water, feet per second; ..."
5. New Jersey Handbook by Russell Roberts (2004)
"There is an old-fashioned propeller plane on display. But the neatest thing is that you can listen in to actual radio transmissions between the air traffic ..."