Definition of Provings
1. proving [n] - See also: proving
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Provings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Provings
Literary usage of Provings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia of Pure Materia Medica: A Record of the Positive Effects of by Timothy Field Allen (1876)
"... and after some days took a drop of T'f,th ; 20, Dr. Demme took 10 drops of a -^th alcoholic solution ; 21, Dr. RE Dudgeon, provings from BJ of Horn., ..."
2. Transactions of the ... Session of the American Institute of Homœopathy by American Institute of Homeopathy Session (1895)
"Dr. Woodward: I understand that Dr. Millie J. Chapman has a number of drug provings which have been made by a society of women provers. ..."
3. The Encyclopedia of Pure Materia Medica: A Record of the Positive Effects of by Timothy Field Allen (1879)
"D. (Okie's provings ... provings) took 1 drop of ,'0th ; 29, Epps, ibid., 2 globules of ,yh ; 30, Esry, ... provings) 1 drop of ,'uth ; 36, Fiske, Hahn. ..."
4. Transactions (1889)
"^Heaviness of head (3), (five provings). Eye s—Pain as if used too much (2). ... Complete loss of power in sphincter ani (5), (seven provings). ..."
5. The Cumulative Book Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1911)
"Materia medica of the nosodes with provings Mathews, Shaller, 1863- of the X-ray. Allen, H: C. *$4. Boericke. Mathematical short cuts. ..."
6. The British Journal of Homoeopathy edited by John James Drysdale, Robert Ellis Dudgeon, Richard Hughes, John Rutherfurd Russell (1875)
"Our provings, especially of the older medicines ... provings OF DRUGS, WITH COMMENTS. By D. DYCE BROWN, MA., MD Aberdeen. IN several recent numbers of the ..."
7. Text Book of Homoeopathy by Eduard von Grauvogl (1870)
"Now, experiment and observation at the bed-side had again confirmed, without exception, that, with drug-provings, from given causes and conditions, ..."