Definition of Pseudemys scripta
1. Noun. Freshwater turtle of United States and South America; frequently raised commercially; some young sold as pets.
Generic synonyms: Turtle
Group relationships: Genus Pseudemys, Pseudemys
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pseudemys Scripta
Literary usage of Pseudemys scripta
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Check List of North American Amphibians and Reptiles by Leonhard Stejneger, Thomas Barbour (1917)
"318. TYPE LOCALITY: Delaware River, near Trenton, New Jersey. RANGE: Atlantic coast from Florida to New Jersey; Plymouth, Massachusetts. pseudemys scripta ..."
2. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington by Biological Society of Washington (1910)
"... of tin? highland terrapin, as it is called in the South, «a-* seen in June, 1905. pseudemys scripta. 1.ADY TERRAPIN. Common; specimens seen and ..."
3. Studies on North American Polystomidae, Aspidogastridae, and Paramphistomidae by Horace Wesley Stunkard (1917)
"... from the urinary bladder of pseudemys scripta from Raleigh, North Carolina, one specimen from the urinary bladder of Chrysemys marginata from Chicago, ..."
4. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1868)
"CHARACTERISTICS OF BULBUS CORDIS MECHANORECEPTORS IN THE POND TURTLE, PSEUDEMYS SCRIPTA ELEGANS. FM Faraci, MA Klotz, HW Shirer, and JA Orr, Department of ..."