Definition of Psychedelic drug
1. Noun. A psychoactive drug that induces hallucinations or altered sensory experiences.
Specialized synonyms: Lsd, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, Mescaline, Peyote, Angel Dust, Pcp, Phencyclidine, Phencyclidine Hydrochloride, Psilocin, Psilocybin, Salvinorin
Generic synonyms: Consciousness-altering Drug, Mind-altering Drug, Psychoactive Drug, Psychoactive Substance
Derivative terms: Hallucinogenic
Psychedelic Drug Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Psychedelic Drug Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psychedelic Drug
Literary usage of Psychedelic drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Medical Marijuana Referenda Movement in America: Hearing Before the edited by Bill McCollum (2001)
"Grinspoon, I*. and Bakalar, JB : psychedelic drug therapies: should their use be ... Grinspoon, I/, and Bakalar, JB : The psychedelic drug therapies. ..."
2. Assessment and Treatment of Patients With Coexisting Mental Illness and by Richard Ries (1996)
"... MDMA and MDA), are not hallucinogenic at the lower doses associated with situational psychedelic drug use. However, in a chronic, high-dose pattern of ..."
3. Dancing With Siva: Hinduism's Contemporary Catechism by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, Himalayan Academy, Master Subramuniya (2003)
"I believe that the psychedelic drug experience, properly handled, fulfills the role of a spiritual teacher or guru. 3. I believe that drugs give mystical ..."
4. How to Become a Hindu: A Guide for Seekers and Born Hindus = Hindu Kanthaṃ by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, Subramuniya (2000)
"I believe that the psychedelic drug experience, properly handled, fulfills the role of a spiritual teacher or guru. O DO BELIEVE O DO NOT BELIEVE O ONCE ..."
5. Manual of First-Aid Practices for School Bus Drivers by William R. Nesbitt (1998)
"Although psychedelic drug overdose does not have the same potential for serious effects as overdose with the uppers and the downers, nevertheless, ..."
6. Entropy and Alchemy: The Problem of Individuality in an Age of Society by Edwin Stuart (2003)
"There are several very basic problems raised by the psychedelic drug experience as a paradigm of consciousness. One is the moral status of the attitude of ..."
7. Intensive Outpatient Treatment for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse: A Treatment edited by Anna Marsh, Sandra Clunies (1999)
"In the case of a belligerent or threatening client, or a client who appears to be experiencing psychedelic drug intoxication, the primary concerns should be ..."