¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Psychoacoustic
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Psychoacoustic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psychoacoustic
Literary usage of Psychoacoustic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Everyday: Views on Ambient Intelligenceby Stefano Marzano by Stefano Marzano (2003)
"Fortunately, psychoacoustic theory can help us resolve this problem. People can perceive pitch at frequencies that are not actually contained in the audio ..."
2. Practical Hearing Aid Selection And Fitting by Henry Tobin (1997)
"psychoacoustic and Electrophysiologic Examinations The extent of psychoacoustic testing is variable at different clinical settings. ..."
3. Measurements for Competitiveness in Electronics (1994)
"The psychovisual characteristics of the eye are expected to influence video compression techniques to an equal or greater degree than the psychoacoustic ..."
4. Decadal Survey of Civil Aeronautics: Foundation for the Future by National Research Council (U.S.) (2006)
"Technology development should proceed in close coupling with psychoacoustic research to establish acceptable noise levels, especially for sonic booms in ..."
5. Noise And Military Service: Implications for Hearing Loss And Tinnitus by Larry Humes, Lois Mary Joellenbeck, Jane Durch (2006)
"... can be established reliably under controlled conditions (psychoacoustic testing). The mechanisms underlying tinnitus are not fully understood. ..."
6. Copyright & Home Copying: Technology Challenges the Law by DIANE Publishing Company (1989)
"... in psychoacoustic measurements. Two stakeholder groups—the RIAA and the Home Recording Rights Coalition (HRRC)- agreed to fund the NBS test. ..."