Definition of Psyllidae
1. Noun. Jumping plant lice.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Homoptera, Suborder Homoptera
Member holonyms: Jumping Plant Louse, Psylla, Psyllid
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Psyllidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psyllidae
Literary usage of Psyllidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society by Hawaiian Entomological Society (1906)
"... dae (10), psyllidae (several). By extending one's collecting ground to Olaa and adjoining districts this list could be much increased, ..."
2. Bulletin by Maine Agricultural Experiment Station (1913)
"NOTES ON psyllidae:* EDITH M. PATCH. The present paper is a record of species many of which have been kindly lent me for study. ..."
3. The Cambridge Natural History by Arthur Everett Shipley, Sidney Frederic Harmer (1899)
"Structures much more definite than this may be the result of the attacks of psyllidae; for an example the reader may refer to ..."
4. International Catalogue of Scientific Literature by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1907)
"Ztg, Wien, 24, 1!K)5, (304). psyllidae. GENERAL. Schwarz, EA Notes on North American psyllidae. Part I. Washington, DO, Proc. Eut. ..."
5. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1907)
"There are usually two ocelli, although in Cicadidae and most psyllidae they are three in number and are placed in front, forming a triangle. ..."
6. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington by Biological Society of Washington (1882)
"Having been engaged lately in putting together the material for a study of the psyllidae of North America, I would, in this brief paper, offer a preliminary ..."