Definition of Publishing company
1. Noun. A firm in the publishing business.
Generic synonyms: Business Firm, Firm, House
Specialized synonyms: Newspaper, Newspaper Publisher, Paper, Magazine, Magazine Publisher
Derivative terms: Publish, Publish
Lexicographical Neighbors of Publishing Company
Literary usage of Publishing company
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1911)
"The Crowell publishing company, owners of Woman's Home Companion and Farm and Fireside, ... George H. Hazen is president of the Crowell publishing company, ..."
2. Annual Report by Maryland Comptroller's Office (1908)
"1901 2 35 Times publishing company of Howard County 1902 2 55 Times Publishing Company of Howard County 1903 | 2 70 Times publishing company of Howard ..."
3. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1917)
"House Beautiful publishing company, 3 Park St., Boston. ... The Republic Publishing Company, 421 West 2ist St., New York. igth Cent—Nineteenth Century and ..."
4. The Monistby Hegeler Institute by Hegeler Institute (1898)
"The Open Court publishing company has now in course of publication a selected series of large-sized portraits of the world's philosophers and of ..."
5. The Quarterly Review by John Gibson Lockhart, George Walter Prothero, William Gifford, Sir John Taylor Coleridge, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, Baron Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, Sir William Smith (1904)
"New York : National publishing company, 1900. 3. Monopolies and Trusts. By RT Ely. ... publishing company ..."