Definition of Pumping station
1. Noun. A house where pumps (e.g. to irrigate) are installed and operated.
Pumping Station Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pumping Station Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pumping Station
Literary usage of Pumping station
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Metropolitan Sewerage Commission, Massachusetts (1897)
"Charlestown pumping station 70000000 foot-pounds. ... The general arrangement at the Deer Island pumping station during the tests is shown on the ..."
2. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1912)
"Report of Duty Trial on the Six Million Imperial Gallon Pumping Engine at the High Level pumping station, Toronto Water Works. Robert W. Angus. ..."
3. Biennial Report by Nebraska Roads and Irrigation Dept (1906)
"TEST WORK AT CHICAGO'S THIRTY-NINTH STREET pumping station. ... THE pumping station. The complete turning of the sewage of Chicago from Lake Michigan, ..."
4. Annual Report by Minneapolis (Minn.). Engineer's Dept (1901)
"For this reason the third, or North Side pumping station, has of late been chiefly depended upon for the public water supply except when accident has made ..."