¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pyoderma
1. a pus-causing skin disease [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pyoderma Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pyoderma
Literary usage of Pyoderma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Code of Federal Regulations by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"Wounds, abscesses, cellulitis, and superficial/juvenile pyoderma: Treat for 5 to 7 days or for 48 hours after all signs have subsided. ..."
2. A Practical treatise on diseases of the skin for the use of students and by Oliver Samuel Ormsby (1921)
"... impetigo or a simple pyoderma but when filtered bouillon cultures of the same organisms, which contained no cocci but only their toxins, were employed, ..."
3. Journal of Cutaneous Diseases Including Syphilis by American Dermatological Association (1913)
"In erysipelas and pyoderma it is an admirable remedy when used judiciously and cautiously. Iodine and its salts have been used extensively, internally, ..."
4. Skin and Venereal Diseases (1918)
"There were in addition 919 cases of pyoderma in which the distribution of the lesions strongly suggested pediculosis, but in which no absolute evidence was ..."
5. Digestive Diseases of the U. S.: Epidemiology and Impact edited by James E. Everhart (1994)
"Association With Other Diseases Many systemic conditions such as aphthous stomatitis, erythema nodosum, uveitis, and pyoderma gangrenosum have been noted to ..."