Definition of Quantum field theory
1. Noun. The branch of quantum physics that is concerned with the theory of fields; it was motivated by the question of how an atom radiates light as its electrons jump from excited states.
Specialized synonyms: Qed, Quantum Electrodynamics, Qcd, Quantum Chromodynamics
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quantum Field Theory
Literary usage of Quantum field theory
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Geometric Structures in Nonlinear Physics by Robert Hermann (1991)
"An algebraic formulation of the regularization of the canonical commutation relations of quantum field theory. The definition of Generalized Functions in ..."
2. The Geometry of Non-linear Differential Equations, Bäcklund Transformations by Robert Hermann (1976)
"REMARKS ON quantum field theory Now we turn to another situation where the “general solution” can be discussed systematically. It is, of course, ..."
3. Topics in the Mathematics of Quantum Mechanics by Robert Hermann (1973)
"Chapter V TOPICS IN LINEAR quantum field theory 1. INTRODUCTION Quantum field theory is a difficult ..."
4. Lie-theoretic ODE Numerical Analysis, Mechanics, and Differential Systems by Robert Hermann (1994)
"... the elementary particle theory treatise by Cheng and Li [13a] contains the most understandable expostion of quantum field theory renormalization. ..."
5. C-O-R Generalized Functions, Current Algebras, and Control by Robert Hermann (1994)
"A PREVIEW OF INTERACTING quantum field theory 1. Introduction. ... However, if one looks at what is actually done in quantum field theory treatises [1-14], ..."
6. Constrained Mechanics and Lie Theory by Robert Hermann (1992)
"The first is the attempt - begun in  - to understand quantum field theory in the Heisenberg Picture from a lie-algebraic point of view, ..."
7. Revealing the Hidden Nature of Space And Time: Charting the Course for by National Research Council (U.S.) (2006)
"quantum field theory generalizes the principles of quantum mechanics to ... quantum field theory has now become a general tool for a wide variety of ..."
8. Topics in the Geometric Theory of Integrable Mechanical Systems by Robert Hermann (1984)
"In later work (eg, Volume 24 or 25) I plan to use this chapter as a take-off point and to introduce more extensive material on quantum field theory, ..."