Definition of Quartz mill
1. Noun. A stamp mill for stamping quartz.
Quartz Mill Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Quartz Mill Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quartz Mill
Literary usage of Quartz mill
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Roughing It by Mark Twain (2001)
"All these tiresome things we had to quartz mill IN NEVADA. attend to constantly. Streams of dirty water flowed always from the pans and were carried off in ..."
2. Knight's American Mechanical Dictionary: A Description of Tools, Instruments by Edward Henry Knight (1876)
"Rolling-Ball Quartz-Mill. 11. Gyrating pan. This has an oscillating basin, the lower end of whose shaft is connected with and rotates in the hub of the ..."
3. A Treatise on the American Law Relating to Mines and Mineral Lands Within by Curtis Holbrook Lindley (1903)
"... used for quartz-mill or reduction works disconnected with lode ownership.—The right to patent a millsite under the last clause of section twenty- three ..."
4. A Treatise on the American Law Relating to Mines and Mineral Lands Within by Curtis Holbrook Lindley (1903)
"... used for quartz-mill or redaction works disconnected with lode ownership.—The right to patent a millsite under the last clause of section twenty- ..."
5. The Mining Magazine (1857)
"From Downieville our correspondent writes as follows: "There is but one quartz mill in operation in this county, two nearly completed, and several others in ..."
6. Estee's Pleadings, Practice, and Forms: Adapted to Actions and Special by Morris March Estee (1885)
"For Backing up Water on Plaintiffs quartz mill. [TITLE.] Form. No. 5SO. The plaintiff complains, and alleges: I. That before and at the time of the ..."
7. Resources of the Pacific Slope: A Statistical and Descriptive Summary of the by John Ross Browne (1869)
"Derrick's quartz mill, at Oregon City, was taken across the mountains in 1863, and stays there. White & Nutter's mill, at Oregon City, was moved away in ..."