Definition of Queen triggerfish
1. Noun. Tropical Atlantic fish.
Generic synonyms: Triggerfish
Group relationships: Balistes, Genus Balistes
Lexicographical Neighbors of Queen Triggerfish
Literary usage of Queen triggerfish
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Best Dives of the Caribbean by Joyce Huber (2006)
"Spotted trunkfish, parrotfish, snappers, filefish, spotted morays, butterflyfish, queen angels, queen triggerfish, puffers and schooling barracudas inhabit ..."
2. Caribbean by Barbara Ender-Jones (2001)
"... Damselfish and striking queen triggerfish. The blue Ocean Surgeon has a neat "incision" marked in black on its gill, and the Sergeant-Major sports ..."
3. Best Dives of the Western Hemisphere by Joyce Huber (1999)
"Spotted trunkfish, parrot fish, snappers, file fish, spotted morays, butterflyfish, queen angels, queen triggerfish, puffers and schooling barracudas ..."
4. Stuffing Birds, Pressing Plants, Shaping Knowledge: Natural History in North by Sue Ann Prince (2003)
"Hyrtl, Joseph (1811-1894) queen triggerfish (Balistes vetula). Collected in the Antilles, ca. 1850. ANSP Ingpen, Abel (d. ..."
5. Best Dives of the Bahamas & Bermuda, Florida Keys, Turks & Caicos by Joyce Huber (2000)
"Residents include queen triggerfish, grey and French angelfish, grunts, hogfish and turtles. Depths are 25 to 60 ft. Snorkel or scuba. Boat access. ..."