Definition of Quetzales
1. quetzal [n] - See also: quetzal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Quetzales Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quetzales
Literary usage of Quetzales
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Panama Adventure Guide by Patricia Katzman (2004)
"Finca Dracula is an easy 15-minute uphill walk from Los quetzales (see Where to ... The Sendero de los quetzales (Quetzal Trail) skirts around the volcano's ..."
2. Panama by Marc Rigole, Claude-Victor Langlois (2003)
"Guadelupe ' Los quetzales $-$$$$ pb. hu\ 91, 0,0 after reaching the end of Guadelupe, turn right at the intersection; the hotel is situated on the left side ..."
3. Livestock and Deforestation: Central America in the 1980s and 1990s : a by David Kaimowitz (1996)
""Between the 1970s and the mid to late 1980s, land values in Peten rose from less than 10 quetzales to 27 quetzales to about 45 quetzales or more" (Schwartz ..."
4. WMD Machete by Mark Plimsoll (2006)
"With a startle, I realized I'd spent all my quetzales, the Guatemalan bills given in exchange for Mexican pesos at the border, and needed to change my ..."
5. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"The National library contains about 80000 volumes In the Spanish tongue. FINANCE 1961-61 Revenue (Actual) quetzales ..."
6. Travels Amongst American Indians: Their Ancient Earthworks and Temples by Lindesay Brine (1894)
"... chief-priests were called by the same name as the Pope of Rome. " Kues " were temples or altars. *,| quetzales are birds with bright green plumage ..."
7. Guatemala's Forgotten Children: Police Violence and Abuses in Detention by Lee Tucker, Human Rights Watch/Americas (1997)
"Parada paid the police officers S500 quetzales each — roughly one hundred US dollars. Martinez received a fifteen-year sentence; Parada and the two police ..."
8. Guatemala, Getting Away with Murder: An Americas Watch and Physicians for by Americas Watch Committee (U.S.), Anne Manuel, Physicians for Human Rights (U.S.) (1991)
"Erasmo, the agent charged with manslaughter, was ordered to pay 2000 quetzales (about $400) in civil damages and the other agent, Manuel Led Gonzalez, ..."