Definition of Racial segregation
1. Noun. Segregation by race.
Racial Segregation Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Racial Segregation Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Racial Segregation
Literary usage of Racial segregation
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The City: Urban Communities and Their Problems by Alan S. Berger (1978)
"Most recent studies of racial segregation in major cities are based on the 1960 and ... Research on ethnic segregation has shown that racial segregation is ..."
2. Econometric Model of the Urban Opportunity Structure: Cumulative Causation by George C. Galster (1999)
"Massey and Eggers (1990) show that racial segregation is a central structural factor that creates income class segregation. ..."
3. Hispanics and the Future of America by Marta Tienda, Faith Mitchell (2006)
"Consequently, average levels of racial segregation were high in 1980, with dissimilarity scores of .689 from all others and .699 from whites. ..."
4. Location and Racial Composition of Public Housing in the U. S.: An Analysis by John M. Goering (1995)
"This methodology has also been applied to public housing segregation by Bickford and Massey (1991). Measuring racial segregation The distribution of units ..."