Definition of Rambotan
1. Noun. Malayan tree bearing spiny red fruit.
Terms within: Rambutan
Generic synonyms: Fruit Tree
Group relationships: Genus Nephelium, Nephelium
2. Noun. Pleasantly acid bright red oval Malayan fruit covered with soft spines.
Generic synonyms: Edible Fruit
Group relationships: Nephelium Lappaceum, Rambutan, Rambutan Tree
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rambotan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rambotan
Literary usage of Rambotan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Political and Statistical Account of the British Settlements in the Straits by Thomas John Newbold (1839)
"The Malacca line commences at Mount Ophir, and thence taking a south-westerly direction, passes through rambotan Gading, ..."
2. Contributions from the United States National Herbarium by United States National Herbarium, United States National Museum (1905)
"... and generally treated as including species which yield several important fruits, such as the " litchi," the " rambotan," and the " longan. ..."
3. Economic Plants of Porto Rico by Orator Fuller Cook, Guy N. Collins (1903)
"... and generally treated as including species which yield several important fruits, such as the "litchi," the "rambotan," and the "longan. ..."
4. Commercial Relations of the United States with Foreign Countries by United States Bureau of Manufactures, United States (1868)
"... cocoa- nut, rambotan, &c. The areca nut, so much prized and used by the Siamese, as well as most other oriental nations, abounds also in those gardens. ..."