Definition of Ranunculus flammula
1. Noun. Semiaquatic Eurasian perennial crowfoot with leaves shaped like spears; naturalized in New Zealand.
Group relationships: Genus Ranunculus, Ranunculus
Generic synonyms: Bog Plant, Marsh Plant, Swamp Plant
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ranunculus Flammula
Literary usage of Ranunculus flammula
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica by John Henry Clarke (1902)
"ranunculus flammula. N. 0. Ranunculaceae. Tincture of whole Clinical.—Ulceration. plant. Characteristics.—R. flam, has produced gangrene of the arm down to ..."
2. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"ranunculus flammula var. reptans E. Meyer. Pl. Lab. 96. 1830. ... ranunculus flammula L., which has larger mostly broader leaves, the stout stem rooting ..."
3. The Leeds Correspondent: A Literary, Mathematical, and Philosophical Miscellany by James Nichols, John Ryley, John Gawthorp, John Whitley (1822)
"... and this practice has been introduced among us by Mr. Macleod of the Herries, who has tried it extensively upon his estate. ranunculus flammula. ..."
4. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"Ranunculus reptans L. var. reptans FK ranunculus flammula L. var. ovalis (Bigel.) L.Benson Creeping spearwort Herbaceous perennial Moist pond margins and ..."