Definition of Raspberry bush
1. Noun. Woody brambles bearing usually red but sometimes black or yellow fruits that separate from the receptacle when ripe and are rounder and smaller than blackberries.
Generic synonyms: Bramble Bush
Specialized synonyms: Red Raspberry, Black Raspberry, Blackcap, Blackcap Raspberry, Rubus Occidentalis, Thimbleberry, Rubus Spectabilis, Salmonberry, Rubus Parviflorus, Salmon Berry, Salmonberry, Thimbleberry, Bakeapple, Baked-apple Berry, Cloudberry, Dwarf Mulberry, Rubus Chamaemorus, Salmonberry, Flowering Raspberry, Purple-flowering Raspberry, Rubus Odoratus, Thimbleberry, Rubus Phoenicolasius, Wineberry
Lexicographical Neighbors of Raspberry Bush
Literary usage of Raspberry bush
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Childhood, Boyhood, Youth by Leo Tolstoy (1899)
"In the apple orchard, perhaps you have crept into the very midst of a tall, thick, overgrown, raspberry bush. Overhead is the hot, clear sky; all around is ..."
2. Select Extra-tropical Plants, Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1891)
"There cultivated instead of the ordinary raspberry-bush [Dr. WO Focke]. ... The ordinary Raspberry-bush. Europe and Northern Asia, eastward to Japan. ..."
3. Through Romany Songland by Laura Alexandrine Smith (1889)
"White hazel-tree, oh, raspberry-bush ! ... 8. " She wept, she sobbed, She ran to the Lieutenant With a request! White hazel-tree, oh, raspberry- bush! ..."
4. An Encyclopædia of Gardening: Comprising the Theory and Practice of by John Claudius Loudon (1860)
"Neill saya, " the raspberry bush grows freely in any good garden soil; but it is the better for being slightly moist. Although the place be enclosed by ..."
5. Introduction to Agriculture: Practical Studies in Crop Production by Clarence Moores Weed, William E. Riley (1916)
"How can you tell a blackberry bush from a red raspberry bush? How can you tell a blackberry bush from a dewberry bush? Learn what varieties of blackberries ..."
6. Introduction to Agriculture: Practical Studies in Crop Production by Clarence Moores Weed, William E. Riley (1916)
"How can you tell a blackberry bush from a blackcap raspberry bush? How can you tell a blackberry bush from a red raspberry bush? ..."