Definition of Real time
1. Noun. The actual time that it takes a process to occur. "Information is updated in real time"
2. Noun. (computer science) the time it takes for a process under computer control to occur.
Generic synonyms: Period, Period Of Time, Time Period
Definition of Real time
1. Noun. (&lit real time) ¹
2. Noun. (computing) The time duration required by a computer system to complete a particular task ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Real Time Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Real Time Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Real Time
Literary usage of Real time
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Environmental Performance Reviews by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. Committee on Environmental Policy (2006)
"Box 2.2 Using real-time technology for pollution regulation In the ... The new technology will ultimately allow MoE to maintain a real-time 24-hour watch on ..."
2. A System of Metaphysics by George Stuart Fullerton (1904)
"But it is of the utmost importance to remember that no such single experience of duration constitutes what we mean by " real" time. " Real " time, the time ..."
3. Technical Digest edited by G. W. Day, D. L. Franzen, P. A. Williams (1999)
"... T. Ryan and F. Ouellette, Ellipsometry of Fibre Bragg Gratings, Proc. Australian Conf. on Optical Fibre Technology, pp. 164-7 (1995) Real-time ..."
4. Reference Information for the Software Verification & Validation Process by Dolores R. Wallace, Laura M. Ippolito, Barbara B. Cuthill (1998)
"5.4 Issues for real time KBS real time constraints introduce another concern for KBS V&V. There has been some interest in using KBSs for extracting ..."
5. Volcanic Ash and Aviation Safety: Proceedings of the First International edited by T. J. Casadevall (1995)
"Real-time information from ground, aircraft, and satellite sensors would be combined with the numerical-model vide real-time, current an levels of ash ..."
6. Environmental Information for Naval Warfare by National Academy of Engineering, Inc NetLibrary (2003)
"The trend toward increased development of and open access to real-time data and data products in the commercial and non-DOD research sectors can be ..."