2. Verb. (third-person singular of recount) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Recounts
1. recount [v] - See also: recount
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Recounts Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Recounts
Literary usage of Recounts
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Baviad, and Maeviad by William Gifford (1797)
"... affected air, recounts the wayward fate* of that poor poet, ... recounts the wayward fate.—In the INTERVIEW (fee the ..."
2. The Works of George Meredith by George Meredith (1897)
"CHAPTER XI recounts THE JOURNEY IN A CHARIOT, WITH A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF DIALOGUE, AND A SMALL INCIDENT ON THE ROAD IN the morning the fight was over. ..."
3. Original Letters Illustrative of English History: Including Numerous Royal by Henry Ellis (1846)
"... Richard Devereux to Lord Cromwell; recounts the Friars' Houses he had taken to the King's use in the far North. The hardships inflicted on those who had ..."