Definition of Reduced instruction set computing
1. Noun. (computer science) a kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
Generic synonyms: Architecture, Computer Architecture
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Antonyms: Complex Instruction Set Computer, Complex Instruction Set Computing, Cisc
Reduced Instruction Set Computing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reduced Instruction Set Computing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reduced Instruction Set Computing
Literary usage of Reduced instruction set computing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Innovation in Information Technology by National Research Council (U.S.) (2003)
"This pattern was also evident in the development of reduced instruction set computing (RISC). Though developed at IBM, RISC was not commercialized until ..."
2. Global Competitiveness of the U. S. Computer Software and Service Industriesby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"A reduced instruction set computing (RISC) processor is a type of microprocessor that performs at a rate IS to 50 percent higher than traditional PC ..."
3. A History of the Personal Computer: The People and the Technology by Roy A. Allan (2001)
"This is the first implementation of the PowerPC family of reduced instruction set computing (RISC) microprocessors and is designated ..."
4. Information Engineering: Identification of Influential Technologies, Impact by Uday Phadke, Paul Ormerod, Christopher Coggill, Kaush Kotak (1997)
"Reduced instruction-set computing (RISC) technology is a newer technology that enables chips to operate faster. The new RISC-based PowerPC processors, ..."
5. OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2002by OECD Staff, Organisation for Eco by OECD Staff, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, OCDE, Development. (2002)
"Consistent with this statement, relational database technology and reduced instruction set computing ..."
6. U. S. Industrial Outlook, 1994: Business Forecasts for 350 Industries (1994)
"DEC ALPHA/MIPS/VMS 91 92 93* Note: RISC - reduced instruction set computing. SOURCE: InfoCorp. for some versions. This situation contrasts sharply with the ..."
7. Challenges in Predicting New Firm Performance by Arnold C. Cooper (1993)
"The adoption of MIPS' RISC (reduced instruction set computing) chip and Intel's X86 also provided the framework for the emergence of an ambitious, ..."