Definition of Reducing diet
1. Noun. A diet designed to help you lose weight (especially fat).
Medical Definition of Reducing diet
1. A diet in which caloric expenditure is greater than caloric intake. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reducing Diet
Literary usage of Reducing diet
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Symptomatic and Regional Therapeutics by George Howard Hoxie (1910)
"During the first few days he was kept in bed, upon a low milk diet, after which he was placed upon a reducing diet. From day to day he was encouraged as to ..."
2. The Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use of by William Osler (1905)
"I believe, from over-use of baths and a reducing diet. Much may be effected at home by hot-air baths, hot baths, and compresses at night to the tender ..."
3. The Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use of by William Osler (1909)
"Many of our cases seem to have been made much worse by the treatment at Spas, largely, I believe, from over-use of baths and a reducing diet. ..."