Definition of Refined sugar
1. Noun. A white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative.
Specialized synonyms: Caramel, Caramelized Sugar, Lump Sugar, Loaf Sugar, Sugar Loaf, Sugarloaf, Cane Sugar, Granulated Sugar, Beet Sugar, Corn Sugar, Brown Sugar
Generic synonyms: Sweetener, Sweetening
Derivative terms: Sugar
Lexicographical Neighbors of Refined Sugar
Literary usage of Refined sugar
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Abridgment of the Debates of Congress, from 1789 to 1856: From Gales and by United States Congress, Thomas Hart Benton (1859)
"Drawback on refined sugar. to perceive what valid objection could be brought. ... All the refined sugar in the United States was manufactured from the ..."
2. A Dictionary, Practical, Theoretical, and Historical, of Commerce and ...by John Ramsey McCulloch by John Ramsey McCulloch (1852)
"Double refined sugar, or sugar equal Sugar, the .growth and produce of any British Possession in America, or of any British Possession within the limits of ..."
3. Thirty Years' View: Or, A History of the Working of the American Government by Thomas Hart Benton (1858)
"The particular application of this clause, as explained and enforced at the time, was to sugar and molasses, and the refined sugar, and the rum manufactured ..."
4. Official Catalogue by United States Centennial Commission (1876)
"659 128 "Warsaw Sugar Manufacturing Company, Warsaw.—refined sugar. ... refined sugar. 659 144 Leonoff Sugar Manufacturing Company, Government of Warsaw. ..."
5. Abridgment of the Debates of Congress, from 1789 to 1856: From Gales and by United States Congress, Thomas Hart Benton (1859)
"Drawback on refined sugar. to perceive what valid objection coula be brought. ... Drawback on refined sugar. Mr. GILMER remarked, that, as he was not very ..."