2. Adverb. By reflex, automatically, without conscious thought. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Reflexively
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reflexively Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reflexively
Literary usage of Reflexively
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Spanish Grammar: By Charles Philip Wagner by Charles Philip Wagner (1910)
"A simple transitive verb used reflexively without change of meaning. ... A transitive or intransitive verb used reflexively with change of meaning. marchar, ..."
2. English Grammar: Compiled Under the Direction of the State Board of Education by California State Board of Education (1888)
"When used reflexively these pronouns serve the purpose of distinguishing the person or thing ... Use each singular reflexively. Same with each plural. c. ..."
3. Old English grammar by Joseph Wright, Elizabeth Mary Wright (1908)
"So that the personal pronouns of the third person also came to be used reflexively in OE. When the personal pronouns were used reflexively self, ..."
4. Old English grammar by Joseph Wright, Elizabeth Mary Lea Wright (1908)
"This usage remained in Sanskrit, but in the Germanic languages, the pronouns of the first and second person came to be used reflexively already in prim. ..."