Definition of Regulator gene
1. Noun. A gene that produces a repressor substance that inhibits an operator gene.
Medical Definition of Regulator gene
1. A gene that produces a repressor substance that inhibits an operator gene when combined with it. It thus prevents production of a specific enzyme. When the enzyme is again in demand, a specific regulatory metabolite inhibits the repressor substance. (05 Mar 2000)
Regulator Gene Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Regulator Gene Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Regulator Gene
Literary usage of Regulator gene
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Novel Systems for the Study of Human Disease: From Basic Research to by OECD Staff, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope (1998)
"... NJS LENCH, and PJ HANSEN (1991), "Cloning the mouse homolog of the human cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene", Genomics 10, pp. ..."
2. Advances in Hybrid Rice Technology: Proceedings of the 3rd International by Sant S. Virmani, E. A. Siddiq, K. Muralidharan (1998)
"... a positive regulator gene of meiosis in S. cerevisiae. Cell 52:853-862. Kassir Y, Simchen G. 1976. Regulation of mating and meiosis in yeast by the ..."
3. Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluationsedited by Barry Leonard edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"TN= Cystic fibrosis transmembrane Treatment of cystic fibrosis. conductance regulator gene TN= Cytomegalovirus immune Prevention or attenuation of primary ..."
4. Hybrid Rice for Food Security, Poverty Alleviation, and Environmental Protection by Sant S. Virmani, C. X. Mao, B. Hardy, International Rice Research Institute (2003)
"... controlled by two pairs of independent dominant genes and a dominant regulator gene (which is usually present in indica restorer lines and CMS lines). ..."
5. Apomixis: Exploiting Hybrid Vigor in Rice by Gurdev S. Khush, International Rice Research Institute (1994)
"Heberle-Bors (1992) calls it an ectopic gene — a regulator gene that initiates embryo sac and embryo formation in a tissue where it would not normally occur ..."
6. Rice Genetics V by Brar (2007)
"Fine physical mapping of Phl, a chromosome pairing regulator gene in polyploid wheat. Genetics 134:1231-1235. Gillies CB. 1975. ..."
7. Cystic Fibrosis and DNA Tests: Implications of Carrier Screening by Office of Technology Assessment, United States, Congress (1992)
"Rosenfeld, MA, Yoshimura, K., Trapnell, BC, et al., "In Vivo Transfer of the Human Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance regulator gene to the Airway ..."