Definition of Reists
1. reist [v] - See also: reist
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reists
Literary usage of Reists
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications by Dorset Record Society, Ohio Civil War Centennial Commission, Ohio Historical Society (1905)
"... twa leids of oats carying to the mylne Item ane grot for 2 reists Ex confessione rei. (107) The Court of the Lands and ..."
2. Library of the World's Best Literature: Ancient and Modern by Edward Cornelius Towne (1897)
"... reists a bit, and it's dooms sweer to the road, and naebody can manage him but our Jock." "I'm sorry for that," answered the postmistress gravely: "it's ..."
3. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1911)
"Discussion of HG reists' paper. ooo w. Jour Am Soc of Mech Engrs—Sept., 1910. No. 16817 F. Gas-Engine Generating Sets (Groupes electrogenes avec Moteur a ..."
4. The Antiquary by Walter Scott (1816)
"Lord help ye, the bairn's no ten year auld; and to be plain wi' ye, our poney reists a bit, and it's dooms sweer to the road, and naebody can manage him but ..."