Definition of Religious school
1. Noun. A school run by a religious body.
Specialized synonyms: Madrasa, Madrasah, Pesantran, Pesantren, Church School, Parochial School, Seminary
Religious School Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Religious School Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Religious School
Literary usage of Religious school
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1891)
"The thing that is prohibited is the drawing of any money from the state treasury for the benefit of any religious school. If the stated reading of the Bible ..."
2. Jewish Education in New York City by Alexander Mordecai Dushkin (1918)
"... rabbis of the Shearith Israel Congregation, for their cooperation in giving me the minutes of the Congregation dealing with the religious school. ..."
3. Jewish Education in New York City by Alexander Mordecai Dushkin (1918)
"... for their cooperation in giving me the minutes of the Congregation dealing with the religious school. Dr. Pool has written an interesting account of the ..."
4. Annual Convention by Central Conference of American Rabbis (1916)
"SYNAGOG AND religious school ARCHITECTURE ALBERT S. GOTTLIEB At the very ... In making this statement I have in mind the religious school in vogue for some ..."
5. Year Book of the Central Conference of American Rabbis by Central Conference of American Rabbis (1910)
"Rabbi Gries then presented the report on religious school Exhibit. ... That this religious school exhibit shall be upon display annually during the sessions ..."