Definition of Rent collector
1. Noun. A person who goes from house to house collecting rents for the owner.
Rent Collector Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rent Collector Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rent Collector
Literary usage of Rent collector
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Key and Elphinstone's Compendium of Precedents in Conveyancing by Thomas Key, Howard Warburton Elphinstone, C. Herbert Brown, Alfred Hull Dennis (1890)
"230, mutatis mutandis, THEN, &c. VII. BOND by a rent collector or other AGENT to ACCOUNT («). Bund from A. to B., see p. 223. ..."
2. The Weekly Reporter by Great Britain. Parliament. House of Lords, Great Britain. Privy Council, Great Britain. Supreme Court of Judicature (1901)
"No attempt bad been mad« by the appellant to ascertain the real owner of the property, and the respondent, the rent collector or agent, stated that he had ..."
3. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1911)
"You ought not to have done it; but, as long as you have done it, let it go"; that the rent collector continued to collect the rents from the lessee for ..."
4. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1911)
"You ought not to have done it; but, as long as you have done it, let it go "; that the rent collector continued to collect the rents from the lessee for ..."
5. Reports of All the Cases Decided by All the Superior Courts Relating to by Edward William Cox, Great BRitain Magistrates' cases (1903)
"94 ; that the respondent was a mere rent collector, and that the definition ... The justices were wrong in holding that a rent collector was not an " owner ..."
6. Good Housing that Pays: A Study of the Aims and the Accomplishment of the by Fullerton Leonard Waldo (1917)
"The rent-collector refers all important questions of improvements to the ... Garbage and ashes come under the rent-collector's supervision, too. ..."