2. Verb. To riposte: to strike back after parrying an attack ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Repost
1. to answer with a return thrust in fencing [v -ED, -ING, -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Repost Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Repost
Literary usage of Repost
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chrestomathie de L'ancien Français (VIIIe-XVe Siècles): Accompagnée D'une by Karl Bartsch (1920)
"74118; part, repost, secret, ... en repost, en cachette, im verborgenen, geheim 34312. ... ruhig 19195. repost nil le, sf retraite, cachette, ..."
2. Schools and masters of fence from the Middle ages to the eighteenth century by Egerton Castle (1885)
"... and offensive power had to be cultivated in the parries; in other words, the parry had to be formed in such a way as to .act as a repost. ..."
3. A Military Dictionary: Or, Explaination of the Several Systems of Discipline by William Duane (1810)
"... is when you parry with a sudden short beat, to get a quick repost ; or when you beat with vour foot, to try if you arc tirm on it, or • >n both feet. ..."