Definition of Republic of ecuador
1. Noun. A republic in northwestern South America; became independent from Spain in 1822; the landscape is dominated by the Andes.
Geographical relationships: Puka Inti, Red Sun, Sol Rojo
Group relationships: Oas, Organization Of American States
Generic synonyms: South American Country, South American Nation
Terms within: Guayaquil, Capital Of Ecuador, Quito, Galapagos, Galapagos Islands, Cotacachi, Cotopaxi, Sangay, Andes, Chimborazo
Group relationships: South America
Member holonyms: Ecuadoran, Ecuadorian
Derivative terms: Ecuadorian
Republic Of Ecuador Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Republic Of Ecuador Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Republic Of Ecuador
Literary usage of Republic of ecuador
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1893)
"By Dr. Th. "WOLF, late Government Geologist to the Republic of Ecuador. THE Western Lowland of Ecuador forms, of course, the smallest part of the country ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1910)
"Mrs. Shaw was awaiting the party at Revelstoke, BC IT is reported that the government of the republic of Ecuador has proposed to present to France the ..."
3. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"Besides, the little Republic of Ecuador was at this time menaced by its more ... But in the meantime the Republic of Ecuador had ratified a concordat with ..."
4. The Two Americas by Rafael Reyes (1914)
"CHAPTER XIX THE republic of ecuador AS is well known the Republic of Ecuador in the •*"• epoch of its primitive independence formed a part of the extensive ..."
5. Buenos Ayres and Argentine Gleanings: With Extracts from a Diary of Salado by Thomas Joseph Hutchinson (1865)
"... of Labour there —Description of Labour I saw at Gramilla—Calculation of Expenses of Cotton Cultivation in the Republic of Ecuador—Comparative Diminution ..."
6. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1903)
"In 1829 Venezuela withdrew from the confederation, and in 1830 the independent Republic of Ecuador was ..."