¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Rescinder
1. one that rescinds [n -S] - See also: rescinds
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rescinder Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rescinder
Literary usage of Rescinder
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Ohio Nisi Prius Reports by Ohio Courts (1919)
"In other words, there was not up to March 22, 1916, the date of the bringing of this action, and there is not claimed in this case any rescinder by the ..."
2. An Etymological Dictionary of the English Language by Walter William Skeat (1893)
"(F..-L.) In Blount's Gloss., ed. loS. Cf. Icel. arara, G. rühren, to stir; Icel. Arara lunga, to wag 1674. — F. rescinder, ' to cut or pare off, ..."
3. The Rebellion Record: A Diary of American Events, with Documents, Narratives by Frank Moore, Edward Everett (1862)
"No loss would acme to the Government, because in paying out he bills the disbursing officer would be careful о charge the rescinder with the interest as ..."
4. M'Fingal: An Epic Poem by John Trumbull (1881)
"... of Bridgewater, Massachusetts, was an active politician, and was known by the odious names of rescinder and Mandamus Councillor. ..."