Definition of Resort area
1. Noun. An area where many people go for recreation.
Terms within: Resort Hotel, Spa, Holiday Resort, Resort, Resort Hotel
Generic synonyms: Area, Country
Specialized synonyms: Spa, Watering Hole, Watering Place, Borscht Belt, Borscht Circuit, Borsht Belt, Borsht Circuit
Specialized synonyms: Waikiki
Lexicographical Neighbors of Resort Area
Literary usage of Resort area
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Golf Resorts: Where to Play in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica & the by Jim Nicol, Barbara Nicol (2001)
"For details on golf refer to the Keahou Beach/Kailua-Kona resort area above. RATES: (EP) Lodgings (five-night minimum) - $97/$145, weekly $679/$1015. ..."
2. Canada 2002 by Wayne C. Thompson (2003)
"When the railway was introduced to the region in 1892, Sainte-Agathe-des- Monts became the first resort area in the Laurentians. ..."
3. Canada 2002 by Wayne C. Thompson (2003)
"When the railway was ! introduced to the region in I 1892, Sainte-Agathe-des- Monts became the first resort area in the Laurentians. ..."
4. Bahamas by Don Philpott (2002)
"Most popular resort area You then pass the usually busy Saunders Beach and Brown's Point Beach before arriving at Cable Beach, the island's main resort area ..."