Definition of Respiratory disease
1. Noun. A disease affecting the respiratory system.
Specialized synonyms: Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Ards, Wet Lung, White Lung, Flu, Grippe, Influenza, Pertussis, Whooping Cough, Cold, Common Cold, Asthma, Asthma Attack, Bronchial Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema, Pulmonary Emphysema, Pneumonia, Atypical Pneumonia, Mycoplasmal Pneumonia, Primary Atypical Pneumonia, Interstitial Pneumonia, Pneumoconiosis, Pneumonoconiosis, Hyaline Membrane Disease, Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Respiratory Distress Syndrome Of The Newborn, Sars, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
Generic synonyms: Disease
Terms within: Cough, Coughing
Respiratory Disease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Respiratory Disease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Respiratory Disease
Literary usage of Respiratory disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"The development of effective and practical vaccines for the prevention of respiratory disease is beset with a number of difficulties, the most important ..."
2. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"American Review of respiratory disease 142(5): 1172-8, Nov 1990. ... Preventing respiratory disease in swine confinement worker«: intervention through ..."
3. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1920)
"The present paper deals with the production in normal monkeys of an acute respiratory disease by inoculation of the mucous membranes of the upper ..."
4. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"A respiratory disease OF PIGS (TYPE XI) DIFFERING FROM ENZOOTIC PNEUMONIA ARTIFICIAL TRANSMISSION EXPERIMENTS By RFW GOODWIN and P. WHITTLESTONE School of ..."
5. Preventing Tobacco Use Among Young People: A Report of the Surgeon General by M. Joycelyn Elders (1997)
"Effect of cigarette smoking on the pulmonary function of children and adolescents. American Review of respiratory disease 1985;131(5):752-9. ..."
6. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"1279 Division of respiratory disease Studies Department of Health and Human Services 944 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV 26505-2888 Contact: Gregory ..."
7. Potential Groundwater Contamination from Intentional and Nonintentional by Robert Pitt, Shirley Clark, Keith Parmer (1994)
"... gastroenteritis Infectious hepatitis Epidemic vomiting and diarrhea, chiefly in children, gastroenteritis Respiratory infections respiratory disease, ..."
8. Control of Tobacco-related Cancers and Other Diseases: Proceedings of an by Prakash C. Gupta, James E. Hamner, P. R. Murti (1992)
"There is adequate evidence linking exposure to environmental tobacco smoke, or passive smoking, with respiratory disease and impairment of lung function, ..."