Definition of Respiratory tract infection
1. Noun. Any infection of the respiratory tract.
Generic synonyms: Infection
Specialized synonyms: Lower Respiratory Infection, Upper Respiratory Infection
Respiratory Tract Infection Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Respiratory Tract Infection Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Respiratory Tract Infection
Literary usage of Respiratory tract infection
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Selwyn, BJ The epidemiology of acute respiratory tract Infection In young children: comparison of findings from several developing countries. ..."
2. Fuel Usage and the Health of Navajo Women and Children: Development of Clean ...by Wayne G. Bragg by Wayne G. Bragg (1995)
"... and Lower respiratory tract infection in American Indian Children Karen Morris, ... risk factor for lower respiratory tract infection in young children. ..."
3. The Diseases of Infancy and Childhood by Henry Koplik (1906)
"In general, it may bo said that the avenue of infection in infants and children is through the respiratory tract. Infection through infected milk is now ..."
4. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"... scarcely be differentiated from any ordinary respiratory tract infection. The later stages, however, characterized by the well-known inspiratory whoop, ..."
5. Nutrient Composition of Rations for Short-term, High-intensity Combat Operations by Fnb, Institute of Medicine (U. S.), High-stress Situations, Committee on Military Nutrition Research, National Academy of Sciences (2005)
"Significantly fewer days of upper respiratory tract infection symptoms (8.7 ± 3.8 versus 4.9 ± 3.2 [mean ± standard error of the mean for the control versus ..."