Definition of Retail merchant
1. Noun. A merchant who sells goods at retail.
Specialized synonyms: Chandler, Licensee
Generic synonyms: Distributer, Distributor, Merchandiser, Merchant
Derivative terms: Retail
Retail Merchant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Retail Merchant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Retail Merchant
Literary usage of Retail merchant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1905)
"The questions to be determined, as the case is now presented, are whether the retail merchant, who furnishes trading stamps to his customers ..."
2. The Canadian Album: Men of Canada; Or, Success by Example, in Religion by John Castell Hopkins, W. J. Hunter (1895)
"... Whole- & I © sale and retail merchant, Montreal, Que., was born, December 30th, 1859, in Boucherville, Que. ... retail merchant ..."
3. The American Reports: Containing All Decisions of General Interest Decided by Isaac Grant Thompson, Irving Browne (1879)
"Holmes. that, although the legislature requires a license as retail merchant, which probably means a retail dealer in any and all kinds of merchandise, ..."
4. United States Supreme Court Reportsby Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1882)
"The retail merchant often imports his own goods; and why should he be compelled 455*] to take out a license to sell, *when his neighbor, who imports and ..."