Definition of Revolve around
1. Verb. Center upon. "Our day revolved around our work"
Generic synonyms: Bear On, Come To, Concern, Have-to Doe With, Pertain, Refer, Relate, Touch, Touch On
Derivative terms: Center, Centering
2. Verb. Move around in a circular motion. "The Earth revolves around the Sun"
Revolve Around Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Revolve Around Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Revolve Around
Literary usage of Revolve around
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A System of Natural Philosophy: In which the Principles of Mechanics by John Lee Comstock (1847)
"The bodies which revolve around the Sun as a centre, are called primary planets. ... The primary planets revolve around the Sun in the following order, ..."
2. The Complete Works of Thomas Dick, Ll.D.: Eleven Volumes in Two by Thomas Dick (1851)
"The earth which is fifty times greater can be accomplished by a simple rotation of than the moon, does not revolve around her, the earth on iU axis, ..."
3. Watch Yourself Go by by Alfred Griffith Field (1912)
"... upright on the bar, clasping his knees with his hands, revolve around the pole. Joe had performed Joe's Wall Paper Duds this feat a thousand times. ..."