Definition of Ride horseback
1. Verb. Ride on horseback.
Generic synonyms: Ride, Sit
Specialized synonyms: Prance, Canter, Gallop, Post, Trot
Derivative terms: Horseback Riding, Horseback Riding
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ride Horseback
Literary usage of Ride horseback
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Medical Record by George Frederick Shrady, Thomas Lathrop Stedman (1895)
"SHOULD WOMAN ride horseback ASTRIDE ? ONE of the riding-masters of a popular riding-school in this city has proposed to give a course of lectures on ..."
2. The Front Yard: And Other Italian Stories by Constance Fenimore Woolson (1895)
"And I did use to ride horseback a good deal when I was a girl ; I used to ride to the mill." " I know you did. And carry the grist to be ground. ..."
3. Exercises in French Composition: For Schools and Colleges by William Koren (1909)
"I can only tell you this, that Perrichon wanted to ride horseback and that he is not a good horseman. 4. Come now, [do] tell me what has happened to him. ..."
4. Exercises in French Composition: For Schools and Colleges by William Koren (1909)
"All this happened because Perrichon wanted to ride horseback — think of it (y penser) \ 10. You were wrong, father, in putting on spurs when you were about ..."
5. The Bible and the Bible Country by Jabez Thomas Sunderland (1910)
"Can We ride Horseback? But now one thing I take for granted, and that is that we all know how to ride horseback. If our homes have been on a farm, ..."