Definition of Rodeos
1. Noun. (plural of rodeo) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Rodeos
1. rodeo [v] - See also: rodeo
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rodeos Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rodeos
Literary usage of Rodeos
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of California by Theodore Henry Hittell (1885)
"Thesc\ annual collections for branding purposes were called "rodeos. ... At these rodeos, which sometimes lasted several days, there was almost invariably ..."
2. The Resources of California: Comprising Agriculture, Mining, Geography by John Shertzer Hittell (1863)
"rodeos.—The word rodeo comes from the same root with " rotate," and means a ... There are general and special rodeos. A rodeo may be for one ranch, ..."
3. The Resources of California: Comprising the Society, Climate, Salubrity by John Shertzer Hittell (1874)
"rodeos.—The word rodeo comes from the1 same root with " rotate," and means a surrounding, a gathering of all the cattle on a ranch, and the separation and ..."
4. General Statutes of the State of California: Continued in Force and Not by California, Creed Haymond, John Chilton Burch, John H. McKune (1873)
"Cattle collected at rodeos may be examined. 1569. Cattle may be branded within eight days of rodeo. ... Disputes respecting cattle, how disposed of. rodeos ..."
5. Sixty Years in California: A History of Events and Life in California by William Heath Davis (1889)
"Although the cattle belonging to the various ranchos were wild, yet they were under training to some extent, and were kept in subjection by constant rodeos. ..."
6. Adventure Guide to the Pacific Northwest by Don Young, Marjorie Young (1999)
"On Horseback rodeos rodeos, rodeos everywhere! Starting as early as March, Oregon's action-packed rodeo season seems boundless. In March, a rodeo is held in ..."
7. The Golden State: A History of the Region West of the Rocky Mountains by Rolander Guy McClellan (1872)
"Sheep and wool—Horses—Cattle raising and branding—rodeos— Native horsemanship—Lassoing grizzly bears—Poultry and bees. SHEEP AND WOOL. ..."
8. The Codes and Statutes of California, as Amended and in Force at the Close by California, Frank P. Deering (1886)
"19, and the Penal lating and in relation to rodeos. They are A* Code, sec. ... General rodeos. SECTION 1. Every owner of an uninclosed stock farm shall be ..."