2. Verb. (third-person singular of rough) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Roughs
1. rough [v] - See also: rough
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Roughs Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Roughs
Literary usage of Roughs
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Studies of Inheritance in Guinea-pigs and Rats by William Ernest Castle, Sewall Wright (1916)
"(6) Full-roughs, one or both of whose parents were partial-roughs, have given no partial-rough young on crossing with smooths ..."
2. Vigilante Days and Ways: The Pioneers of the Rockies, the Makers and Making by Nathaniel Pitt Langford (1890)
"... FOR THE roughs OF THE TERRITORY — HISTORY OF PARKS — His MURDER AND ROBBERY BY ... THIS man, on some accounts the most noted among the roughs of Idaho, ..."
3. Pork-production by William Wesley Smith, Robert Alexander Craig (1920)
"... YIELD OF PIGS roughs. A few hogs coming to market are so inferior in form, condition, and quality that they cannot be included even with the poorer ..."
4. Pork-production by William Wesley Smith, Robert Alexander Craig (1920)
"AVERAGE DRESSED YIELD OP PIGS roughs. A few hogs coming to market are so inferior in form, condition, and quality that they cannot be included even with the ..."
5. A Parody Anthology by Carolyn Wells (1904)
"AFTER WHITMAN AN AMERICAN, ONE OF THE roughs, A KOSMOS NATURE, continuous Me! Saltness, and vigorous, never ..."